Pray with us...

For ONELife 3 to continue to grow in love for God and His people...

Bible Reading Plan

Sunday, 28 March 2010

First Intercessory Prayer Meeting

SP shared about prayers on last Sunday. The last kind of prayer is intercessory and do you know it is one of the most powerful prayers believers can ever experienced in their spiritual life? I sign up for Intercessors Network Ministry on last Sunday (last day of 21 days of prayers). Actually at that time I felt its a special prompting I feel God is putting into my heart. I saw the booth many times in church past few weeks but did not sign up till then. I did not know it is the last day of sign up initially. What makes me decide to sign up?

Actually through the 21 days of prayer,I do felt I have certain experiences of breakthrough. I felt God had birth forth a deeper hunger and longing for God in my heart. But my prayer life is still not every stronger. I hope through this ministry it can motivate me towards a stronger prayer life and inner man. I hope to know more about prayer, what prayer is really about? how to pray and how to pray more effectively? From what I have know so far, this is very important. If I myself know it is very important, I will wanna to focus on it and be committed to such growth, so I see the importance of such an intercessory ministry to help me grow closer with the lord in prayer. So I am thankful to God for another step of obedience to walk with him through focused prayers.

After the sign up, I had my first experience of the first Intercessory Prayer Meeting by the ministry in Church. I had the experience of much faith filled prayers. All are free to pray and worship in spirit and in truth. Some of the fellow intercessors also weep when they prayed. I was so touched in my spirit. I began to see the meaning of weeping prophet e.g. Jeremiah. The intercessors are so in touch with God that they feel how God feel, they prayed with full emotions and their whole being is so engaged with the prayers. Something that really shake and moves my heart is when 2 young ladies (about 17 to 18 years) share their burdens for the younger generations in the present day, they felt very sad about the lifestyle of the youths they see around them, many are living in ways less than pleasing, in impurity and immorality, they have the heart and desire to make a difference as Christians in their life however it may seems so tough. They prayed till point of tears. I also teared as I hear their prayers and the cry of their heart. The young generation need God's love to fill their heart but the sad reality is that family of the present age is under serious attack, many young people have not been able to experience love at home therefore they turn to various sources in life for love and satisfaction: sex, drugs, internet, computer games for a sense of connection but yet they are so disconnected in reality. There is a deep longing and yearning within these young souls for unconditional love and acceptance. We need to redeem the sacredness and uphold the importance of family as the basic unit. Actually through this prayer and heart cries of the 2 young ladies, I kinda felt burdened for the youths. How can we reach the youth with the love of Christ? We know many are lost and they need the love of Jesus to really filled this void in their life. It is also sad to see them living in immorality and impurity, some of them are even devoid of respect for other elderly people, who is there to teach and guide them? Family upbringing? From my personal experience, some years back I had lived in ways that is wilful, dishonoring to God and I know it is not right. This was in the past but by God's grace I am reconciled with the Lord and in the restoration process. I hope through this experience maybe God can use it to bring back some of those younger ones who had strayed away from you and back to you again. These lives belong to God, no one else can meddle! However as much as the burden I had, I really wanna to set apart my heart to be right before God (even before embarking on any area of ministry) first therefore I will settle for my H&W first that I can be healed first so that I can really be a blessing as I serve him in ministry he had called. At the mean time, I will also take time to seek God for what we can do as a church and body of Christ to respond to the heart cries of the youths and any visions and direction for the prayer ministry.

I also felt these words birth forth in my heart towards the end as we are praying for parents and the youth generation of today and their relationship:
"He will (L)restore the hearts of the fathers to their children and the hearts of the children to their fathers, so that I will not come and (M)smite the land with a curse." Malachi 4:6
God had assured us he will restore relationships in the family. It is the purpose in his heart, it does not delight God at all to strike the land with a curse. God wanna to see reconciliation and restoration of relationships in our life. What is our response to what God had assured? Most important, it is also important we need to be reconcile to God, our first love.

No comments: