Pray with us...

For ONELife 3 to continue to grow in love for God and His people...

Bible Reading Plan

Sunday, 28 March 2010

Dalit Child Sponsorship

Today is the Mission Drive weekend. I thought it is good to share about how I came to sponsor one of the Dalit Child some weeks ago on 13th March. Before the CE course on that day, I saw the Dalit Child booths and the pictures of the Dalit children. There is a prompting within my heart to go to the other side of the booths and to look at one of the pictures in the middle row. I saw a little boy, he looks quite different from other boys, seems pretty mature for boy of his age? There is something outstanding about him. Then I look at the description, he had a elder sister who had paralysis and most of their family's income is spent for her treatment, they do not have enough to eat and pay for. When I read this, somehow it gripped my heart. I felt a prompting that I could be God's vessel to bless this family and this little boy by sponsoring him so that through education support, the family would be able to break out of current situation of poverty trap, also recognizing how tough it is for the family taking care of a young girl who is immobile. However I see a bright future ahead of this little boy as God will provide and bless even though I believe the situation maybe tougher than I could ever imagine. Therefore I really hope this little contribution will bring a little light into this little boy's life and his family, and he will be empowered to rise up to the calling God had put into his heart. Also I pray that the little boy and his family will witness God's love through the most simple way of giving and acts of love, may they see God's miracles in their life, especially his sister that God will cause her to walk one day! That many will testify the goodness of God and power of God at work! I thank God that I obey God when I felt prompting to be part of the Dalit Child Sponsorship program, it is always a blessing to give. It is also my first time involving in this program, felt privileged to give even though I had other concerns too. But I am glad I choose to put God's will above all in my heart. I hope I can pray constantly for the Dalit Child I am sponsoring, looking forward to exchanging letters and writing to encourage and show love, even though I am not quite sure what to really write. Also look forward to visit the Dalit Child maybe next year 2011, by God's grace and his good timing. As I ponder and share about the process of sponsoring the Dalit Child, is there anything God is prompting and challenging you in the area of mission? Dear fellow brothers and sisters, I urge you to respond to the call God had put in your heart. A little step of obedience will not only bless the lives of the individuals you are touching but will also bring you one step closer to the heart of God. It is all about God.

1 comment:

me said...

Hi Trina,

Thanks for your encouragement here... I do not know whether I have shared this but God spoke to me through Gary Haugen at the Global Leadership Summit 2008: Why have we been given so much amidst suffering of others? So we can be a channel of blessing from God to others.

I am sure whatever we have purposed to bless others, God will use it to shine through it and also multiply it according to His will to bless many others.

James