Pray with us...

For ONELife 3 to continue to grow in love for God and His people...

Bible Reading Plan

Monday, 31 March 2008

Beware of False Christs and Prophets

This topic has been on my heart for sometime now. Christ had given ample warning of false prophets in the world:

1 John 4:1
1.Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

2 Peter 2:1-3
1. But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

Mark 13: 5-6, 22-23:
5. Jesus said to them: "Watch out that no one deceives you. 6. Many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and will deceive many.
22. For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and miracles to deceive the elect—if that were possible. 23. So be on your guard; I have told you everything ahead of time.

Matthew 7:15-16:
15. "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16. By their fruit you will recognize them.


Matthew 24:11, 24:
11. and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.
24. For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible. 25. See, I have told you ahead of time.

And recently, I have yet again been reminded of my friend who is currently in a cult. More than 2 years ago, having came back from backsliding for 15 years and having just came to Riverlife Church, I was invited by my friend to visit his church and I did. But I thank God for His spiritual covering when I was there, helping me to recognise that something was just not right. For 2 over years now, God has placed that burden on my heart to reach out to my friend and also the many who have been misled. And I have come to realise that the spiritual battle is a real one. Having spoken to my friend, I have come to realise how a deep conviction they have in what they have been told to believe; being misled from the real and consistent message of the bible. God is continuing to put this burden in my heart and I do ask that you help pray for
discernment and salvation for my friend and also for the many who have been deceived.

I was just doing some research on my friend's cult and came across even more shocking materials on false prophets and Christs. It is really scary what is happening and I really hope that you all will continue to draw near to God and ask for spiritual covering, discernment and wisdom to see what is of Him and what is not of Him as we also pray for the many others who have been misled to draw back to Him.









Remember to put on the armor of God (
Ephesians 6:10-18) in helping to deal with spiritual deceit and attacks.

No comments: